The Holy Spirit Grid is a small outline of the third person of the Godhead, His Functions, Gifts, Fruit and related areas.
1. Holy Spirit is a Person.
2. He is one of the three Persons in the Godhead.
3. His Purpose was to Prophesy about Jesus and now is to Promote Jesus
4. His Permanent abode in God’s People started on the day of Pentecost
5. He convicts people of
a. Sin – that not believing in Jesus the savior is sin
b. Righteousness – that only through the blood of Jesus can one be made righteous
c. Judgment – that the devil has been judged on the cross for eternal damnation and one who believes in Jesus will escape that.
6. Regeneration – Holy Spirit starts the process of repentance of sins and being born again as a child of God – Salvation
7. Indwelling – The Holy Spirit makes His abode in a saved person
8. Sealing – The mark of the holy spirit on a person who is saved stating that now he belongs to God’s kingdom
9. Anointing and Baptism – Holy Spirit covers a person inside out
10. Filling – A continues flow to cause an overflow to others
11. Difference between the work of the Holy Spirit during salvation and anointing/baptism/filling – During salvation, the resurrected Christ sends the Holy Spirit to give us LIFE. During anointing, the ascended Christ sends the fullness of his spirit to give us POWER.
12. The initial evidence of Holy Spirit baptism in the Bible – Speaking in other tongue (apostles received it, they accepted it). This is not a gift. It is an evidence of being baptized in the spirit.
13. Reactions of this Baptism – overflowing joy, uncontrolled tongue, Holy Spirit controls the tongue
14. Steps – Repent, be Baptized, Thirst, Ask, Drink, Yield
15. Gifts – An act of receiving without any effort or time on the part of the recipient. 9 main gifts. They are irrevocable. God gives them in His sovereign will. Not a measure of one’s character. Tools not Toys. 1 Corinthians 12: 8-10.
16. Fruit – Singular. Different Forms of a multiple/collective fruit. Love is the anchor. It takes time and effort to cultivate the fruit. A person is judged by His fruit. 9 Forms (8 forms of the primary fruit Love) – Galatians 5:22-23.
17. Love seeking best of others – Goodness, Love rejoicing – Joy, Love resting – Peace, Love forbearing – Patience, Love serving – Kindness, Love keeping promises – Faithfulness, Love ministering to the hurts of others – Gentleness, Love in Full Control – Self Control.
Becoming a Spirit Filled Christian is a Life long Process – 2nd Peter 1: 5-7